Friday, June 18, 2010

A Bittersweet Goodbye

I'm now writing as a High School graduate! The gradution ceremony for the first class of the Science Leadership Academy was this past Tuesday night at The Franklin Institute. It was in the main hall with the big statue of Ben Franklin. It was a wonderful ceremeony! Our comencment speaker was Dr. Steven Squiers who was the lead on the mars rovers. He gave a great talk about the definition of adventure and how we need to go out and have them. Very insparational! The we had two student speakers, Sharessa and Jerome. Along with Kaloni who played piano. We then go our diploma cases (had to go back on wednesday to get the actual diploma). I was the 4th one to get mine. It was hard to hold back the tears during all of this as it reminded you of all the amazing times we have had over the last four years. It did however make one excited for the future and all the new adventures to be had! I do want to thank SLA though for everything they have taught me, all the experiances they have given me, and all of the care, love, and friendships that were shared! I truely will miss you all and I can't wait to see what eveyone ends up doing and the great things SLA will keep doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment